Friday, March 7, 2008

Which Jesus do you follow?

"...He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."
-Isaiah 53:2(b)-3

Tonight I listened to Todd Agnew's CD, Reflection of Something. His words really hit home for me. Here are some excerpts:

"Which Jesus do you follow?
Which Jesus do you serve?"

"'Cause my Jesus bled and died
He spent his time with thieves and sluts and liars.
He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable
So which one do you want to be?"

"Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church,
The blood and dirt on his feet might stain the carpet.
But He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
I think He'd prefer Beale Street to the stained glass crowd"

"I want to be like my Jesus."

Have we been hiding our faces from the real Jesus? I challenge you to look at these words again and think about them today and the next time you walk into your church.

No comments: